We’re hiring now for 2021 Youth Conservation Corps (YCC) crew members!
The Rio Grande Return Youth Conservation Corps (YCC) is a summer/fall employment program that engages young people in meaningful work experiences while developing an ethic of environmental stewardship and civic responsibility. Crew members will gain skills relevant to careers in forestry, natural resource and land management, restoration, conservation, and more.
How to apply:
Download, complete and submit the application below by Monday May 31st – see application for submittal details.
Interviews will take place June 1st – June 8th. Work will begin Tuesday, June 15th.
What to expect:
- Applications are open to all NM residents 14 to 25 years old
- Applicants must be prepared for physical work in an outdoor environment under potentially adverse weather conditions and on rough terrain
- Summer and fall season positions last from June 15th – November 18th; accommodations for school are possible
- Work days are Monday – Thursday, 7am – 5pm
- Pay is $13.50/hour for crew members and $15.00/hour for crew leads
- Crew lead(s) will supervise 4 crew members and be the YCC point person for Rio Grande Return staff
- Work will primarily take place throughout the Jemez mountains; some camping will be necessary